Seattle SAKE is a national and international dragon boat organization that promotes the physical, mental, and emotional benefits of the paddle sports to the community at-large. We have a long history as Seattle’s oldest and largest dragon boat club, but have recently expanded into stand up paddleboard (SUP), and have plans to offer outrigger canoe and kayak in the future.
The Club is a 501(c)3 non-profit and has an executive board comprised of club members.
Our goals as a club are to:
- Support amateur paddling athletes for training and competition
- Create a sustainable paddling club in the Seattle area
- Promote the physical, social, and emotional benefits of the paddle sports
- Provide safe training, advocacy, and opportunities for paddling enthusiasts
- Build relationships with the community and other paddling Clubs
Our core membership is very diverse, with paddlers aged 20 to 80+, with fitness and experience levels of all kinds. All are welcome in Club SAKE. Additionally, we are the umbrella club for three additional teams:
- Survivor SAKE is a dragon boat program from Team Survivor Northwest, and is a team for women cancer survivors.
- WAM (Washington Masters) is a team of paddlers over 40 years of age, comprised of members from several regional dragon boat clubs.
- Sunrise Dragon Boat is a team comprised of young professionals in their 20s to 30s.